[alt-photo] Re: casein

Peter Friedrichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 14 19:31:55 GMT 2012

I can confirm that some time ago I also measured
exactly 23% by weight of ammonium caseinate
precipitated from skim milk using vinegar.
I  measured out 1 ml my casein emulsion, then
dried it in an oven at about 50 C for about an
hour, then weighed it on a scale that measures
down to 0.001 g to get the percentage solution
strength, and then scaled this up based on the
total volume of the casein emulsion and finally
comparing that to the starting weight of the milk powder.

Peter Friedrichsen