[alt-photo] Re: casein

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Fri Jun 15 15:23:00 GMT 2012

Alberto,

One last thing: I can't be sure of this because I unfortunately did not measure the VOLUME of the rinsed cottage cheese curds, but if the volume is no less than 180ml (my guess) to no greater than 240ml I am at a 9-10.7% casein.

Please check my calculations and hopefully it will meet Paul's clarity standards:

180ml curds by volume + 120ml ammonia and water = 300ml solution

140g washed curds x .23 = 32.2g (fairly close to the 28 gram amount of protein listed on the container)

Oh, by the way, the most dilute formula of all the 32 formulas I have is from Enos himself, two of them, a 1% and a 1.3%, and I know one is combined with dry dichromate. Don't have enough information to see if the other one is, though, as he didn't specify.

Chris