[alt-photo] Re: European distributor for Aerosil (fumed silica dioxide)

Jon Reid jon at sharperstill.com
Thu Mar 1 11:15:40 GMT 2012

I've just posted this on a thread on APUG but thought I'd send it to
the list as well:

I've bought some fumed silica from B&S and will try it shortly.
I thought I bought the powdered variety but it arrived as a liquid.

I've read Richard Sullivan's PDF and several threads but have not read
a description of using the liquid form of fumed silica.
Should it be used neat?
How much should I use? (I'm printing 5x7 Pt/Pd on Arches Platine)
I assume I have to dry it before sensitising.

Any thoughts/experiences on the liquid stuff?

Jon