[alt-photo] Re: canson and cyanotype

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Fri Mar 2 22:04:05 GMT 2012

John,
It came from England, I think, or, at least, is sold there under the label Crob'Art. It is apparently used by albumen and pt/pd people. So I would google that name with any old art store in GB before doing it through Amazon.

It is surprisingly sturdy while thin, and flattens nicely. It is MUCH more substantial than the other paper I am also trying, the Pro Marker which is only 18lb but also said to be good for alt.

It feels the thickness of, say, two pieces of 24 lb typing paper stuck together. Feels almost "masa-ish" when dry, sort of crisp and crackly sounding.

I don't mean to occupy so much e-wavetime here, it's just when I'm testing this huge batch of stuff at once I figured someone on the list will save some time and money.
Chris

John, see here? Canson Crob’Art Acid Free Sketch Paper 9”x12” Ref:797-101

and here: http://notesonphotographs.org/images/d/d4/Osterman_2007_Making_Albumen_Prints.pdf

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com