[alt-photo] Coating Silver Chloride Paper - Similar to AZO?

Francesco Fragomeni fdfragomeni at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 18:24:57 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I spent some time this week looking at some of the most amazing prints on
AZO and Lodima paper I've ever seen. I am well aware that Lodima is
available through Michael and Paula but the alt-process junkie inside of me
is curious about what is involved with making and coating one's one silver
chloride paper. I've read accounts on some of the forums about people
fixing regular enlarging paper and making silver chloride paper from it.
I'm wondering what the results of this looks like and how it compares to
AZO and Lodima. Also, I've read that making a silver chloride emulsion is
actually quite simple (completely relative) and that people have
successfully replicated AZO-like emulsions on their own. Can anyone speak
to this?

Thanks,
Francesco