[alt-photo] Re: an alternative to alternative

etienne garbaux photographeur at nerdshack.com
Sat Mar 31 17:54:47 GMT 2012

Chris wrote:

>The question: is what term are you using, or does "alt" continue to
>be sufficient? I thought what better group to ask than 500 alt listers.

Kodak may be dead (just reorganizing, really), but "conventional"
photography -- that to which we are alt -- is still very much alive.

Whatever kitschy name of the week anyone adopts, it will always be
"alt" to me.  (I know you didn't say you were trying for a kitschy
name and I have no doubt that you were earnest in your inquiry, but
the very act of trying to find an alternative for a perfectly good,
well-understood, neutral term is ... well ... kitschy or faddish, in my book.)

Best regards,

etienne