[alt-photo] Re: Tricolor printing/Photoshop

Dave S (fotodave) fotodave at dsoemarko.us
Sun May 27 03:40:05 GMT 2012

If it is for illustration purpose only, you could take an RGB image, convert
it CMYK. Then if you want to illustrate C and M combination, just delete or
hide the Y and K channels. Same for other combinations. The colors shown
would be a little too good to be true, however.

If you want it to be more accurate, you can create a blank CMYK image of the
same size as the image you want to illustrate. Then for the C channel (or
layer, I forgot what terminology Photoshop uses), copy the Red channel of
the original image but *invert* it. Same for other channel and leave the K
channel empty. This is assuming your use straight inversion of RGB to CMY
(the method that the late Katherine prefers).

Dave