[alt-photo] Re: Salt Printing (silver-chloride) Book/ Resource?

Daniel Williams dtwilliams3 at comcast.net
Mon May 28 00:07:15 GMT 2012

Francesco

Two books that I can recommend are:

     The Albumen & Salted Paper Book  The History and Practice Of
Photographic Printing 1840 - 1895
     by James M. Reilly  Published by Light Impressions, 1980

I believe this is considered to be the definitive modern work on the
subject but is out of print and may be harder to find.  I was able to
have my local library get it for me from a university library.

                                     and

     The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes
     by Christopher James  I have the second edition published by Delmar
Cengage Learning, 2009

This book is in print.  I got mine just last month from Amazon.  Used
copies of the first addition are readily available.  I haven't seen the
first edition but expect the information on this process hasn't changed
much if at all.  James has a large section on Salted Paper printing.
The Reilly book has more of the history but both books are excellent
sources for technical information.

Liam Lawless has an interesting article over at Unblinking Eye
http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/POP/pop.html  Ed Buffuloe who owns the
site also has his own article on the subject
http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Salt/salt.html

Dan Williams