[alt-photo] Re: Newby Caseinate Question and introduction

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:30:49 GMT 2012

Hi Ron:
I will give my two cents to supplement Christina's response which is also quite good. My approach has always been to treat casein as "perishable dairy." Now, I prepare my casein a bit differently than you, but once I have the curd broken down and "creamy" it goes in the refrigerator NEVER to return to room temperature again (except when I take what I need to make a working suspension)! I use it for 72 hours and then discard. It seems to print with reliable consistency for me helping to guarantee repeatable results. The casein seems to print with noticeably lower contrast for me after six days which is why I toss it out in half the time. My casein always smells clean with only a subtle hint of ammonia.
I hope that helps you. It is just my perspective.

Peter J. Blackburn