[alt-photo] Re: casein works in AZ

Christina Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 14:18:07 GMT 2012

Hi Marek (and thanks, Keith for the comments!),

I use PVA as a sizing. Especially because the patent on casein specified casein on vinyl sheets, so I realized it must be very tenacious. I printed a layer on some old Kwik Print plastic sheets and it sure sticks. So it loves a plastic size! I do a 1+ 2 but casein could also use a 1+1 or full strength PVA.

So, too, are my gum bottles lonely for this last 1 1/2 years while I have been working with casein. Very intriguing process.

Next I want to combine the two colloids. The prints I have made with tube watercolors do have some gum in them and there is a slight sheen to the layer that is not present when using powdered pigments. I am enjoying the dead-matte of casein.

Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com