[alt-photo] Re: cuprotype

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Sun Oct 28 06:35:39 GMT 2012

> For those interested in the cyanotype toning discussion, I received an email from Jim Patterson outlining his cuprotype process and some new changes that you might be interested in. He said I could share it so here it is, below:
>
>>From Jim Patterson, New Orleans, 2012

My first cuprotype prints were reddish brown instead of brownish red. This
is not a subtle distinction, because if you copper tone a silver print you
can get almost pure red. So, the brownish hue was due to a little prussian
blue in it. But the prussian blue can be killed by a *very* dilute ammonia
or carbonate solution, leaving you with a good red print. I think that a
very long washing, as recommended bt Jim and especially if your water is
alkaline, may give the same result.

Alberto
www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/wp/photographers/rodolfo-namias-group