[alt-photo] photobooth: photos delivered here in 2-1/2 minutes

Ryuji Suzuki rs at silvergrain.org
Mon Sep 10 17:05:24 GMT 2012

I have a friend (also a neighbor and cinematographer) who tells me a story of a
photobooth setup producing what looks like a b&w contact print of a strip of 4
pictures taken on film in 2.5 minutes. This must be from 60s or 70s. Does anyone
have information about how these devices were generally designed, in terms of
optics, lighting, film stock, processing, etc? I'm not sure if this is exposed
on direct positive paper stock directly with intense flash, or is it a
negative-positive process. If latter, it'd take 2.5 min just to develop
pictorial film in D-19 or DK-50 or whatever. Does this use an instant film stock?

I'm attaching a small photo although I'm not sure if it gets delivered through
the list.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"No matter how much you study or improve vacuum tubes, you will not arrive at a