[alt-photo] Re: 3 color gum and PDN calibration?

Mary gneissgirl at spamcop.net
Thu Sep 27 03:52:18 GMT 2012

On 9/26/2012 2:59 PM, Johnny Brian wrote:
> With overexposure the steps on the wedge should merge,
Yes, but I thought you said they were merging, i.e. all looking about
the same:
"I printed with yellow at 5m 40sec, 8 min and 11m 20sec, and they
actually look about the same - the longer print times are a bit darker"

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. My thought was that you had already
exceeded the point at which the steps were distinguishable. The goal is
to find that point where at least 2 steps are indistinguishable so you
can pinpoint that ideal time, right?

I agree with Marek that the darker print times may be dichromate stain
due to overexposure, not true tonal differences.

I have to admit that after struggling with PDN for calibrating gum, I
kind of gave up. I just didn't have the patience to deal with it. I
remember yellow being particularly frustrating. I admire your tenacity!

Mary

--
/http://www.alternative-ego.com/