[Alt-photo] Re: DAS

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 27 01:39:00 UTC 2013

Kees DAs was added to the glop at 6% basis dry gelatin I am including scans of my test prints and a perfectly normal dichromate sensitized tissue with typical nice gradation of tones. I have done a 3 minute and 6 minute exposure of DAS sensitized tissue and you can see the expected density shift, but the effect is still there. I am almost thinking it is some kind of side reaction with some chemical that is in my glop mixture. I am making just sugar/gelatin/pigment DAS tissue. ANy ideas of how to go next (less pigment/DAS?). To that effect I flashed the tissue and it seems to have done the trick. My flash was a bit too long (at 1sec), because it fogged the print too much, but it definitely gave me more gradual tone gradation, actually the contrast is way too low as it would requitr negative of logD of over 3 https://plus.google.com/photos/105732508998271877151/albums/5871332081567167153?authkey=CLvJ1J76nZjjhQE Marek