[Alt-photo] Re: wrinkles

Richard Knoppow 1oldlens1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 10 22:45:49 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denny" <dspector at charter.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2013 3:22 PM
Subject: [Alt-photo] Re: wrinkles

> I've experienced this with Pictorico stored between sheets
> of glassine.
> Stopped using glassine and the problem went away.

     Glassine reminds me that I encountered something like
this when drying conventional prints in blotter books.
Blotter books usually have a non-absorbent separator between
the blotters. The prints go in with the emulsion facing this
separator.  They are often made of glassine or something
very similar and eventually wrinkle. When wrinkled the
wrinkles transfer to the prints you are drying and they look
awful.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles