[Alt-photo] Stochastic screening in Gum

Peter Friedrichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 6 23:21:45 UTC 2013

Has anyone applied a stochastic screen to gum printing? This is a
half tone technique that uses dot frequency to emulate
color/greyscale. The smaller the dot size, the more photographic the
rendition. My UV box generates diffuse UV light so I think that may
not be as effective as a more point sourced arc type UV lamp.

Has anyone done anything like this before? I was wondering what the
minimum dot size that could be realized from a contact negative?

Peter Friedrichsen