[alt-photo] Re: Mailman got the job done

Diana Bloomfield dlhbloomfield at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:24:59 GMT 2013

You know, I wrote this to Chris off-list, but I'll say it here, too.  I also am so impressed with all the varied images shown here--  really so inspiring.   I mentioned also that too often I visit photography exhibits (group shows), and am disappointed in the sameness of the images. (How many times have I seen that before, I'm constantly saying to myself).   And, yes, I guess they're mostly digital prints, though I'm not entirely sure that's the reason for the sameness.  But here-- I'm just so blown away, not only with all the varied techniques used (and explained so well), but with the imagery itself.  Each image seems to reflect such uniqueness and individuality.  I honestly don't see that too often with "regular" photography.    I also really like seeing all this work from artists I was not familiar with, but also from those whose names I know, but not their work.  So that's a real treat.  Beautiful and thought-provoking work-- all.

I also mentioned to Chris that I am also just really impressed with the layout itself (and even the font used)-- which she apparently did all on her own!  All so easy and comfortable to read and follow-- and looks good too-- which, again, is often not the case.

Anyway-- so much good here that can be said-- but it is impressive-- and I've already told several people they need to get this book! :)

Diana