[alt-photo] Re: COT320

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sat Feb 16 20:54:21 GMT 2013

DEAR ALL,
	This, once again, appears to be a case of, "Rumors of my demise have
been greatly exaggerated" (Mark Twain).  I recall a few years ago, when B&S
stopped carrying COT 320, rumors flew that it was no longer made.  I
contacted John at Bergger USA and he had plenty of stock in all sizes and
more on the way.  I ordered directly from him and received it quickly...well
quickly for Barbados!  LOL!  I have ordered lots from him at various times
and he has always had stock.
	Now, because there is the problem of grain, and I believe Diana that
there is a problem with the batch she bought, we are once again relegating
COT 320 to the scrap heap.  Why not demonstrate to those like John at
Bergger that we are logical, technically sophisticated, craft-persons and
find out exactly what the problem is?  I don't recall where Diana got that
batch but, if the art merchant who sold it to her stored it in a hot, dry
place, it may well have changed the paper significantly.  This would even
explain the difference Diane found between the older COT and this newer
"problem batch".  We all also know that paper may eventually stabilize in
terms of humidity but, as I said, if the paper was stored at extremely low
rel hum and high room temps, it might need some help.
	Which brings me to; Diana, did you ever try humidifying this grainy
batch of COT **before** coating?  I don't usually have to, living in a very
humid place, but it might be an interesting experiment to humidify it before
coating, coat it and proceed with your normal steps.  I would love to hear
the results.

			CHEERS FROM BARBADOS!
				BOB