[alt-photo] taking a scalpel to little pt/pd spots

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 17 20:43:08 GMT 2013

One quick question here.  You know when you get those little black spots on pt/pd prints-- typically in sky areas?  Well, is there anyone who actually takes a razor blade or scalpel and carefully excises those-- and then spot, I guess?  I'm curious if that's really a thing people do (can do), and-- if so-- any pointers?  I have a photography friend who has taken up pt/pd printing.  So he asked me about spotting-- but also about those potential little black spots.  This guy is a surgeon (micro stuff), so I told him I was sure he would have no problem taking a fine scalpel and cutting into those.