[alt-photo] Re: COT320

Diana Bloomfield dlhbloomfield at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 14:08:37 GMT 2013

Hey Amy,

Thanks so much for the update.  Yes; I referred to you as the "one other person" on here, because I didn't want to keep throwing your name out there in case you were lying low and didn't want to be involved with this whole paper issue- just wishing it would disappear. ;)

So it sounds like your paper wasn't from a brand new pack, then?  Perhaps there is a storage issue, but since mine was a new pack, I'm guessing the storage issue isn't with us.  I also humidified a sheet yesterday, and it didn't seem to make any difference for me, either.  My problem was overall grain (not just in midtone/highlight areas). I printed only on the 'smooth' side.  I've also picked pieces out randomly-- going in the center of the pack as well as the front-- on the suspicion that maybe the top papers had a problem (?).

This is actually the first time I've bought directly from Bergger in a very long time.  I typically buy from B&H, with no problems.  Not sure that should make any difference (unless storage is the problem), but I'll be interested to hear how Chris fares with what she just purchased from B&H.

Oh-- and, yes--  thanks for the X-acto knife advice-- I have to try that.  I've never been able to spot very well, and I've always thought that a weekend workshop  based solely on spotting techniques would be really useful (really boring, but useful).  An X-acto component could be added to spice things up.

-Diana