[alt-photo] Alt and LF group Washington DC metro area Was: Re: Alt Process Group

gumprint at gmail.com gumprint at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:53:01 GMT 2013

Greetings,

Just outside *Washington, DC* is an alternative processes and large format
group that has been meeting monthly since 2008 in Rockville, Maryland. We
have demoed wet plate, gum bichromate, vandyke, cyanotype, palladium,
anthotype, and bromoil. We arrange large format group shoots; in the fall
we will travel to New Mexico for a week of photographing. Members share and
swap information and gear from 4x5 home-made folding field cameras to
printing formulas to paper selections. Members work on collective or
community projects. Last year we made a room sized camera obscura that was
quite popular at Artomatic in Arlington Virginia. Once a year we have a
fine art print swap at our holiday pot luck party. The group has 45 members
that are very knowledgeable in analog photography and readily share that
knowledge. Photographers of all levels are welcome to attend a first
meeting.

For more information go to* photogathering.org *or email
largeformatgathering at gmail.com

Best,

Carole Hollander

--