[alt-photo] Re: Small handmade book of platinum/palladium prints

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 28 23:24:16 GMT 2013

Thanks so much, Christina...much appreciate your comments!

I didn't add any text, but I do love letterpress and that would be ideal for
future books. The problem is that I would have to buy a press and spend a
year learning all about it ;-) That's just the way I am. Obsessive, I
guess...ha ha.

The iPhone app I use, Hipstamatic, yields a lower than normal contrast 8-bit
image when imported into PS, so a little nudging is necessary if you want to
get a print that sings. Of course, you could make a separate curve just for
those images, but yikes, who has time to continually reinvent the wheel for
each camera, device, etc...

The app does all the work, no post processing besides contrast adjustments
and burn/dodge. I look at it as a digital Holga/Diana...

I love food pics, too...and have a backlog of them. Have fun with that!

Going to Freestyle in the morning, hoping to find your book there.
Congrats...!

Paul