[Alt-photo] Re: DAS from China

Jorj Bauer jorj at jorj.org
Sat Jun 1 22:17:36 UTC 2013

> My carbon curves are all close to a a gamma 1 =>  2.2 - 2.4 correction on the positive image.  What printer are you using and what inkset? Did you use PK or MK for K?

PK. Epson inks, on an Epson Stylus Pro 4000.

But I know the epson drivers are using some cyan when they print "pure" black. (I could never be bothered with QTR.) I only know because my cyan inks were clogged and I didn't notice until I tried using the negatives, and they seriously failed to block UV. After a day of failed prints, I finally did a nozzle check and found the culprit.

-- Jorj