[Alt-photo] Re: Q FOR SERDAR was LANA AQUARELLE; ACIDIFY?

Serdar Bilici sbilici at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 20:45:07 UTC 2013

Hi Bob,

No it won't be necessary, because the chemicals are suspended inside the
gelatin layer or the albumen layer. Alkalinity of the paper does not effect
(or its effects are negligible let's say). Lana aquarelle as far as I know
is buffered but not excessively.

If you are not using gelatin for salt prints, there might be fogging
problems, but it can be averted with citric acid addition before coating
with silver nitrate.

Regards
Serdar