[Alt-photo] Re: Process or filter?

Don Sweet don at sweetlegal.co.nz
Tue Mar 26 19:36:38 UTC 2013

I wonder if Colberg's comments might might have been less confronting if had
used a term other than "filters".  That choice of word (evidently derived
from some photoshop-style pixel-manipulating program) seems almost
deliberately provocative.  If he had talked instead in terms of "surfaces",
or more aptly perhaps "screens", then some of his opinions would give no
offence, and might even be though self-evident.  His observation as to the
lack of strict correspondence between image and object is an example.

Don Sweet