[Alt-photo] Re: Sulfamic Acid for Paper Acidification

Serdar Bilici sbilici at gmail.com
Sun May 5 16:19:09 UTC 2013

Hi Christina,

In terms of papers, Canson Montval 300gsm and Schoellerschammer Dura Matt
180gsm (drawing paper, 300gsm is better both are hotpressed ) were the
cheapest papers I tested.
And I must say Canson Montval is overall a great performer with new
cyanotype and argyrotype after SA treatment. I am a bit tired of its texture
but it performs quite well with almost anything I have used it for. I ran
out of schoellerschammer so I did not continue testing it, but I had one of
the best double coated untoned VDBs with that paper(300gsm) in terms of
dmax.

I should start making a list of cons and pros of the acids I tested, and
post later as a separate post.

Regards
Serdar