[Alt-photo] Re: Was Sulfamic now VDB and pt/pd gold leaf

Sandy King sanking at clemson.edu
Wed May 8 22:36:59 UTC 2013

Don,

Both Sam and I were able to get very high shadow density (Dmax of about log 1.6) using acidified Lanaquarelle with both gold-tone vandyke and argyrotype. Not sure how Sam acidified the paper, but I used a 1.5% solution of oxalic acid, soaking the paper for five minutes. Lanaquarelle is a wonderful paper for this process.

Would add that this work was done in late spring, early summer when RH in our work spaces would have typically been around 50%-60%.

Sandy