[Alt-photo] Re: Katharine Thayer Exhibit in Astoria, Oregon

Christina Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Mon May 20 16:15:25 UTC 2013

Diana,
Thanks SO much for the report and links. So wonderful to see people's work and so much of it is beautiful!

Question: what do you mean by "lobbied really hard;" was there a question of its inclusion in  the show??  If so I am just flabbergasted that there was a question about the tulips, because that image is just glorious. I have always loved Chia's gum work, very elegant, romantic, textural. And white on white in gum is a real eye-stopper.

But anyway, thank you for all the time you took to orchestrate, travel, and report about this show.

Tom and I passed through Astoria a few years back, never having any idea that that was where Katharine lived.

I think Robert Adams lives there if I am not mistaken?

But it is quite the quaint town. In fact, we were towing a boat and boating on the Columbia, and got it stuck in the middle of the river in the sand, in Astoria. Scary, and dumb, at the time. Ate at a quaint "biker" bar, too.
Chris