[Alt-photo] Re: Argyrotype on Fabriano Artistico Extra White Soft Press 300gsm (140lb)

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Mon May 20 18:35:55 UTC 2013

Hi all,

This is just for the records; I managed to get smooth Argyrotype test
prints on FAEW/SP (de-alkalized with sulfamic acid), which have good dmax
and won't show any bronzing or unevenness to the naked eye.

See my working parameters below:
(These may help as a starting point for some of you...)
- 2+1 diluted sensitizer
- 0.25ml coating solution per 10 sq. in. (brush coating)
- 2 drops 10% Tween 20 per ml of coating solution
- Drying time: 60 minutes @ 23C / 50% RH
- Gold-thiourea toning

See the result here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/loris-medici/8757864351/

That's all from my part, I'll continue to the calibration and do my first
real print on this paper in a couple of days. Done with testing / tech
talk, lots of printing from now on...

Regards,
Loris.