[Alt-photo] Re: density Pictorico film

Sandy King sanking at clemson.edu
Mon Nov 4 21:13:15 UTC 2013

Chris,

These days I just determine exposure time via testing the digital negative, with no reference to an analog step wedge. However, if I were to do adjustments based on the UV transmission of Pictorico the correction would be closer to a full stop than 1/2 stop. A full stop would be log 0.30, about what you should measure with a UV densitometer with either the regular Pictorico or the Ultra Premium. As you can see, the measurement of about 0.25 for Pictorico (regular and same measure about the same here) is very close to one full stop.

Sandy