[Alt-photo] Re: Papers for Palladium

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 19:57:40 UTC 2013

Just to put this out there. The wonderful papermakers in Ino Town, Japan
with the help of platinum printer Masayuki Nishimaru and photographer
Satoru Yoshioka (as well as his wife Ayako) have created a new paper
specifically for printing platinum and palladium which they are calling
Tosahakkinshi aka Tosa Washi.

It is extremely light weight (30 gsm) which requires a different approach
to coating (brush, no coating rod). There is a video of Nishimaru-san
coating and processing the paper of which I can send a link.

I am organizing a June workshop near Roswell, New Mexico in which I will
demonstrate how to handle this amazing yet challenging paper.

An exhibition of work made on this paper just concluded at the Japanese
Paper Museum in Ino, Japan but should be traveling to Kyotographie (the
international Kyoto Photography Festival).

-francis

--
francis schanberger

www.francisschanberger.com