[Alt-photo] Re: lump gum

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Sat Oct 19 15:01:53 UTC 2013

Hi Laura,

Most of the time I am using gum in lumps. I disolve these to a 26% solution (by weight) by taking 260 grams and add water to a total of 1000gr. I allways fold the lumps in a peace of cheesecloth, bind it together and hang it in the water in a jar. Time does the rest. Squeeze it after 24 hours (or more). The gritty stuf stays in the cloth!

Powdered gum can also be found at kremerpigmente.com. I always get a much clearer gum with  the lump/cheescloth method!

kees