[Alt-photo] Dimroom light

Kim Du Boise krd at photoartsimaging.com
Sat Oct 26 15:23:50 UTC 2013

Hi all,

One of the issues that I explored when I first started with alt in the 90s was light types.  What I found that worked in my lab for most every step was a yellow "bug light" in a ceiling fixture (the ceramic kind).   Only difficult for the yellow coat, but can see the wet paper area.

When I rebuilt my lab after Katrina, put that in as the safelight in the alt lab.  I can dry in the dark of the other lab rooms & use repurposed paper safes or blackout plastic bags from empty silver paper for transport between them.

Enjoying all the good discussion.  Thanks!

Kim
PhotoArts Imaging
Hattiesburg, MS

Sent from my iPad