[Alt-photo] Back in business!

Laura V laura at lavatop.com
Sun Oct 27 23:59:26 UTC 2013

After a frustrating day where I couldn't get anything at all to stick to
the paper, I think I'm back in business.

I went back to the thicker gum (I had watered it down too much) and just
brushed it on more forcefully to spread it thin. It was a little bit
heavier on the pigment than I intended, but it looks like I got a fairly
good range of tones, although it skips a step on the lighter end. I
didn't realize I could get such a dark black with Payne's gray, heh.
Again...I'm not really going for the one-coat print, so I guess I could
cut back on the pigment...but wouldn't I lose my lighter tones?

http://lauraval.com/curve1test.jpg

Also...the bulb wasn't actually burned out on the plate burner, it was
just the on/off switch sticking - yay!

Laura