[Alt-photo] Re: Again a test

Richard Knoppow 1oldlens1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 29 19:11:30 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christina Anderson" <christinazanderson at gmail.com>
To: "Alt List"
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:42 PM
Subject: [Alt-photo] Re: Again a test

> Richard,
> I don't get my own posts because I am on gmail, I am told.
> I wonder what you did to change this?
> Chris

     There are two possibilities: one is that there is a
setting on the list, if you click on it you get your own
posts. The other has to do with your ISP. Until recently I
had the spam filter at Earthlink/Netcom set to its highest
level. At that level it blocks any sender who is not on its
"white mail" list.  Of course, I cleared the list and my own
posts but the filter has a bug that held my own messages as
"suspect messages" and I had to clear each one manually.  If
you have a spam blocker of any sort see if it might be doing
this. It might also be something else at g-mail but the
first thing to do is to check the settings at the list web
site to make sure the echo is turned on.
     BTW, in order to get this list at all I am using a
proxy in the form of the mailing list service at the
American Radio Relay League.  I happen to have this
otherwise I would have to set up something like Hotmail or
G-mail since the alt-photo list seems to block Netcom
messages.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles