[Alt-photo] Re: SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION

rene at qx.net rene at qx.net
Sun Sep 1 11:32:14 UTC 2013

Congratulations!

>------- Original Message -------
>From    : BOB KISS[mailto:bobkiss at caribsurf.com]
>Sent    : 9/1/2013 7:26:04 AM
>To      : alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org; leica at freelists.org;
hasselblad at freelists.org; pure-silver at freelists.org
>Cc      :
>Subject : RE: [Alt-photo] SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION
>
 >DEAR LIST,

            On Saturday, Sept 7th at 5 pm a show of my platinum palladium
prints, mostly 15X19 inch images on 20X24 inch paper, of chattel houses will
open at the City Gallery at Waterfront Park in the Historic District of
Charleston SC.  Prof. Henry Fraser, who wrote the text, and I will be
signing copies of our book, BARBADOS CHATTEL HOUSES, comprising more than
100 of my photos.  I shot the photos over a 15 year period with my 8X10
camera to allow me to make decent sized prints from the camera original
negatives.  Two of the photos in the book were shot with my Hasselblad due
to difficult access making carrying an 8X10 difficult.  All images in the
book are available as PT/PD prints.

            Julia Cart from Charleston will also be showing prints on the
second floor along with Robert Yellin and Terry James of the Slave Dwelling
Project.

            The purpose of this show is promote the Legacy Foundation of the
Carolinas and Barbados.  There has been a nearly four century old
relationship between the Carolinas and Barbados with the exchange of people,
culture, goods, services and history.  There will be a small model replica
of a chattel house in the reception area.

            If you have any plans to be near Charleston next weekend, please
stop in to say Hi.  It is always great to finally meet people with whom I
have communicated on the lists.

                                    CHEERS!

                                    BOB

 Please check my website:  < http://www.bobkiss.com/>   http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi

"Earth" without "art" is just "Eh"!  (Anonymous graffiti posted on Facebook)

“Madonne e fiori, trionfo eterno di gioventù!”  from Mattinata Fiorentina by
Antonella Ruggiero

database 8750 (20130901) __________

 http://www.eset.com