[Alt-photo] Re: silver nitrate suppliers

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Tue Sep 24 07:49:55 UTC 2013

Hi Alberto,

I have had the luck to buy 1 kg of silvernitrate many years ago when prices were'nt crazy like now. But even then my supplier was by large the cheapest. It is an international company called Metalor (metalor.com) which has divisions in several countries. Also in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.  Metalor has a photographic quality silvernitrate (called 114 or at the time I bought it 12A). They used to sell it in large quantities to the Fuji film factory in Tilburg (NL), which is still in business.  I don't know what actual prizes are but I payed €156 for 1 kg in 2002. A friend asked a pricequote in 2009 and the the prize for 1kg at metalor was at that time €540. You see!

With this kg I probably have a lifetime supply and the leftovers will provide me a modest pension!

If you want to contact Metalor in Eindhoven this is the address. My former sales contact was Mr. Bert Turk

Metalor Technologies (Nederland), Weegschaalstraat 3
5632CW Eindhoven, 040 - 2911265

Kees