[Alt-photo] Re: GUM: problematic yellow?

Remko de Graaff remko at degraaff.biz
Thu Feb 6 08:36:44 UTC 2014

followed the thread with interest and jump in with my results I found
with almost the same procedure.
first I noticed that the gum/pigment ratio is some where different as I use.
some details to compare:
my a stock solution consist of  15 ml (Schmiencke) pigment on 50 ml gum.
(Luciano uses about the same (15+45))
I use then 3ml gum + 1ml stock solution + 4ml Potassium Dichromate(37%
!!!) ) . ( against 1ml+1ml stocksolution + 2 ml Potassium dichromate 12%!!!)
although the strength of the dichromate the exposure times looks very
long to me and from the  M and C images I would go for exposure times
around 2 min as max. this is giving Dmax already.

It would be interesting to know what exposure unit you need and for
later what printer you are going to use.

concerning the visibility of the yellow print  I scan the print and
measure  then in Photoshop the density ore with an old density meter.
This are not absolute values but the relative  values give you enough
info to select the right exposure time.

remko