[Alt-photo] Transferring photo on mdf-board

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 14:32:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Im searching a way to transfer a heavily manipulated photo on mdf-board. In
my quest of doing other types of prints, i found xdog (somewhere on
github)  and playing with the params,, i got just like woodcarving, and of
course id like to do a real woodcarving. I tried with my dremel-clone
carving a test, and the result using intaglio-ink was quite promising, and
carving wasnt so difficult after all.

Now id like to transfer this image on mdf. I tried the laser tone transfer
with acetone, but no good. Also tried heat-transfer with a cloth iron and
laser transparency, but that didnt work any better. Coating with cyano and
exposing may or may not work, the surface  may be too reciptive or the pH
all wrong.

Anybody have any ideas of doing this? One method i tried long ago was to
press a soaked blotting paper with acetone and the laser print on the mdf
in a letterpress, but that either wasnt successful.

Tnx

-m