[Alt-photo] color carbons in paris

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Fri Feb 28 13:55:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

This week I was in Paris for a few days and was very happy to be able to see some color carbon prints by Tod Gangler.
They are still visible until March 8 at Galerie CAMERA OBSCURA, 268, Boulevard Raspail 75014 Paris
http://www.galeriecameraobscura.fr/

There were several Sarah Moon carbons and also the well known Frida Kahlo portrait by Nicolas Murray. All printed by Tod. As I am experimenting with diazidostilbene (DAS) sensitized color carbon I was very happy to be able to look at some from very nearby. Unfortunately they were framed behind glass. Prizes were in the 5 figure range...

Apart from these color carbons there were also Sarah Moon heliogravures and some very nice prints by Korean Photographer Jungjin Lee who uses liquid emusion on japanese paper.
http://jungjinlee.com/

Kees