[Alt-photo] Re: Lomography Resurrects the 19th Century Petzval Lens for Canon and Nikon SLRs

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Sun Jan 5 16:02:24 UTC 2014

John, Bert

Thanks for the info. I have already seen most of it, and the nearest thing
similar to a diagram I could find is a generic Petzval drawing probably
taken from a book and which does not represent the real lens. They are
probably not giving this information away.

Everybody seems to be so excited about the "marvelous swirl effects" of the
Petzvals, but XIXth century photographers kept these effects rather out of
the image area. Seeing some of the images made with the Lomography New
Petzval, one understands why.

Happy New Year for you too.
Tom