Re: Out of business? Was Re: The Silverprint Catalog

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@darwin.nbnet.nb.ca)
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 11:56:27 -0400

>Luis Nadeau wrote:
>
>>I have not been able to get replies from Silverprint in London for many
>>months now. I heard that they were having financial difficulties and were
>>going out of business. Can anyone confirm this?
>
>Not in fact. I visited the Silverprint premises about two weeks ago and saw
>every evidence of an expanding business. The introduction of new
>computer-based stock control may have caused a slight hiatus, but the only
>thing they were unable to supply me with was one of Luis's books (8~>
>
>And, BTW, someone of his experience really should know better than to
>broadcast mischievous hearsay like this.

Mike, it was NOT hearsay. It was MY own letters that did not receive a
reply. When I give free advertising to a company by mentioning them in my
books, with their complete address, and I cannot get the decency of a
reply, I get suspicious very quickly. FYI, I have lost thousands of dollars
in recent years because of poor materials or companies going out of
business.

Caveat emptor.

Luis