Re: waterproof/removable glue

Mac Cosgrove-Davies (MCOSGROVEDAVIES@worldbank.org)
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 18:05:03 +0000 (GMT)

Judy wrote:

>But why are you wetting the paper? To get it back to the
>former size? If so, doesn't it just shrink up again when it
>dries? And if you don't let it dry completely, don't your
>negatives get ruined when you put them down on damp emulsion?
>Mine sure do.

Several years ago, when I was printing cirkut camera
(panoramic) negatives (20-40" long), I had good success
slightly dampening the *back* of my gum prints when I needed
them to expand a bit to fit my registration pins. As I
recall, I used a damp cloth and a hair dryer to zero in on the
required size.. rather tedious. I haven't noticed any problem
with my negs. However, this may be due to the thickness of
the paper (Rives BFK). The small amount of moisture required
for the print to exapand didn't penetrate from the back to the
front (sensitized) part of the print. I can see why this may
not work with the thin papers that Judy is working with.

Mac Cosgrove-Davies