Re: Curves in Internegs

rosebud (rosebud@why.net)
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:16:31 +0000

Re:

TERRY KING wrote:

> Klaus
>
> In which branch of alt would a reversed S curve be best used.
>
> Is there anyone who could run a worksho to demonstrate which curves are best
> used for what with illustrations and even how-to demonstrations. I, for one,
> would be in the front row.
>
> Or has digital imaging reached the stage where we do not need to worry any more

Dan Burholder's book, "Making DIgital Negatives for Contact Printing," certainly
addresses this issue for platinum printing and leaves the door open, while providing a
methodology, for anyone to create "perfect" negatives for whatever process they make
be using. The book's style is a "cookbook" of digital-made-easier techniques as applied
to any photo-medium that needs and uses enlarged contact negatives. Dan also teaches
workshops on the digital medium.

I've used the book to produce negatives that I printed on regular silver paper, then toned
with great results. My ultimate goal is/was to use the Van Dyke process. Since I've
subscribed to this list I've considered other processes as well!!

Darryl Baird, University of Texas at Dallas