Re: Copy of: Re: paper test data for palladium

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 03:40:29 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Keith Schreiber wrote:
>with negatives that fit perfectly (or nearly so) the tonal scale of the
> process the chlorate vs dichromate argument is moot. And if this can
> be achieved in original camera negatives, as opposed to via
> interpositive or internegative, then better yet.

I have found that with cyanotype and vandyke brown (and to a lesser
extent with gum) there is a TERRIFIC difference in contrast range
according to the paper. In other words, a "normal" view-camera negative
that would be too thin to print in cyanotype on many/most papers, like
Strathmore drawing, and are believed to require "punchier" negatives, will
print very nicely on a steeper paper, like Coventry rag, among others.

I haven't got enough experience with platinum/palladium to know if they
will do the same, but you've got all those dandy new tests.....

> I'll stop here for now. Gotta get some sleep.

It's 3:40 Am. Gum printers never sleep.

Judy

- ------- End of Forwarded Message