Re: customofficers

Edward Meyers (aghalide@phantom.com)
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 09:39:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Henk Thijs wrote:

> Somebody knows how to protect against customofficers opening packages of
> photopaper to look after,..yeah ..after what? Anyway I received paper from
> Norway, one of the 24x30 packages was opened and I could throw it away and
> have to be quiet.
> The Netherlands 1996 .
> henk

In the late 1970s, as Executive Editor at Popular Photography magazine
I decided to ask David Vestal to test/compare all (nearly all) the
available black and white enalarging papers. I asked our agents
throughout the world to buy 100 sheet boxes of it and ship it all
to me at the magazine in NYC. This was done, and the custom agents
opened most of it to see if it indeed was photogreaphic enalarging
paper. It was. Ed Meyers