Re: Chrysotypes & Gold prints

Steve Avery ((no email))
Tue, 05 Mar 1996 11:14:40 +1100

This email was bounced too....

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Thu, 29 Feb 96 21:19 GMT
From: petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk (Peter Marshall)
Subject: Re: Chrysotypes & Gold prints
To: alt-photo-process@vast.unsw.edu.au, petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk

> It sounds like you're actually gold toning an iron print with the method
> you have described.

No, it sounds like Terry is using iron(II) to reaction with the gold
compound and produce gold - as Herschel did. No more involving an 'iron
print' than the kallitype or platinum etc processes. I'm not at all sure how
you would make an 'iron print' - unless this is another name for a
cyanotype!

I have also carried out some experiments with gold prints using an iron
oxalate sensitiser - although the results obtained were not promising enough
to persuade me to continue - very indifferent compared to platinum or
kallitype and what I regarded as a fairly unpleasant lilac colour.

>I have been using Mike Wares process for some time
> with very good success ( after crunching moles and numbers to arrive with
> a three part sensitiser which is combined in equal amounts jhust before
> coating). I wasn't really sure if you were asking if anyone had used
> Mikes process, or that you weren't interested in using it. I would be
> glad to go into more detail if there is interest.

Yes, I would be interested to hear more.

Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk

------- End of Forwarded Message