Re: Cyanotype printing

Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.EDU)
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 08:04:16 -0800 (PST)

Risa....as I understand it, Hyrogen Peroxide etc. does heighten the
intensity of the blue due to immediate oxidation. In time, due to natural
oxidation, the cyan color within the print will intensify normally to
it's peak intensity. I believe, because of that, you don't really have to
use them.
However, as all things go ... I'd like to ABSOlutely know.
JackOn Wed, 13 Mar
1996, Risa S. Horowitz wrote:

> I have in the past used a dilution of 25cc 37% hydrochloric acid to
> 1litre of water to heighten the blues in my cyanotype prints.
> I am curious to know if there exist weaker concentrations of
> hydrochloric acid.
> I am also curious to hear of experiences anyone call tell me of
> using hydrochloric acid versus a dilution of hydrogen peroxide or bleach in
> cyanotype printing. Anybody???
>
> thank you
> Risa S. Horowitz

***The eye is the Pencil of Nurture***