Re: The Great Canadian Chemical Hunt

Gordon J. Holtslander (holtslander@sask.usask.ca)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 16:15:32 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Diane Eaton wrote:

> Try: Fisher Scientific, 1200 Dennison Rd., Unionville,On. 1-800-263-3375
>
> or VRW Scientific Canada, 2360 Argentia Rd., Mississaauga , On., L5N 5Z7
> 1-800-932-5000
> If you have no luck there email me I'll get you some more addresses. Also
> you could try a local photography store and ask if they sell photographic
> supplies, if they do they will probably be able to get most of everything
> you need

The above suppliers may work, but they usually only like to do business
with large institutions and are reluctant to sell material to an
individual.

Another good place to try is the educational/scientific supply houses.
These companies focus on selling to schools etc. and are more receptive to
selling small orders to an individual. They stock fewer items and are
usually a little more expensive.

Two Canadian ones that I know of are:

Boreal
399 Vansickle Road