Re: Duplicating film

Glenn Cannon ((glennon@netcom.com)")
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 00:35:39 -0800

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 07:21:09 +1000
From: peter@oix.com (Mark Peter)
To: Multiple recipients of list <alt-photo-process@vast.unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Duplicating film

>I was looking to order some film to make enlarged negatives. Any suggestions
>on what to get? Where?
>
>Thanks,
>
>- Wayde Allen

I'm just about to try using my computer to make an 8 1/2 by 11 neg. on
overhead sheets.....I'll let you know how they work.

Has anyone tried this before?

/mark/

Hello Mark, et all!

Yes, I used PhotoStyler to make seperation negs on my Epson EPL-7000
using overhead transparency film. Results? Well it all depends. They
probably will work great for gum because the negs are only 300 dpi
and kinda "gritty" looking. I say probably, because I've now spent 3
days trying to make these negs print. I'm still having trouble making
the layers of pigment come out right.

I personally wouldn't recommend computer negs for detail work unless
you're getting the negs done at a commercial house ready to make them
for you. I've seen some fantastic platinum/palladium prints done
using computer negs, as probably many other people on the net have
seen. Or, if your laser printer does a better job than mine can
(believe me, it can't be much worse!).

Hope this helps.
Glenn Cannon (glennon@netcom.com)
http://www.newart.com/cannon